Tuesday, July 9, 2013

7/9/13

Last time I trained was on Thursday of last week.  It was the 2nd workout of a deloading week scheduled prior to attempting maxes on Saturday.  I was feeling pretty good; healthy, mobile, fast, heavy but stronger.  I was hoping to hit some new best lifts on the snatch and clean and jerk.  My baby boy was born on Saturday so needless to say I skipped that day.  Today was my first day back training since that Thursday.  It was also the first day training after the baby was born.  I was working on 5 hours of sleep cut into about 4 75 minute chunks.  I felt pretty good during the session until about an hour in I felt like my energy level dropped way off.  Anyway here are the lifts.
Snatch
185-205 (caught in a low power snatch) 215 missed 3x (each miss was progressively worse)
Clean and Jerk 275-295 (missed both jerks)-315 missed 1x (gave up at this point) wouldn't have tried this but the clean on 295 felt snappy and 305 is a previous PR

Not a horrible day for the circumstances.  Looking forward to starting a new cycle and picking up with the progress I was making.


No comments:

Post a Comment